Thursday 13 June 2013

Real Ghost Stories

Since my parents and I moved into the house we live in now I always feel as if there is another person around. I was only 6 when we moved and I am 17 now so this feeling has been with me for a long enough time now to understand that I am not just imagining it. I live in a small town in Scotland and our house is about 100 years old and would have only been lived in by very upper class people back when it was built.
When I was 8 I would start to hear shuffling noises and sometimes even breathing coming from a corner in my room. It freaked me out so much that for the next few years I actually slept in the spare bedroom, telling my parents that the wind kept me up at night. Even then I would still sometimes hear shuffling noises since the spare room was next to my bedroom. I didn't feel as scared though. When I was about 12 I started to sleep in my bedroom again. I would still hear the noises but would just do my best to ignore them.
One night my parents went to a party and wouldn't be home until after midnight, this was the first time I would be by myself in the house at night. I was doing perfectly fine until about 10:30. There was a huge bag full of photos on the floor behind the couch I was lying on and I could hear it rustling. Assuming it had just fallen over I looked back but it was still standing completely still as if it had never moved. I began to watch the television when I heard the rustling behind me again. So I checked it and it still hadn't appeared to move! I began to get really scared and tried to huddle under my blanket as far as I could. The rustling stopped after a minute or so and I tried to relax a bit. But then a few seconds later this translucent hand appeared over my face! It didn't actually touch me or anything but obviously I panicked and sat up. I looked over at the living room door, which was shut. The door has glass panels which allow you to look out into the hallway. Then, all I saw was this 'thing' peer in through one of the glass panels then dart out of my vision. It was solid and looked like a person but it was too fast for me to comprehend, plus I was terrified out of my wits!
The next major thing happened when I was 14. Our door makes a bleeping sound when you open it so we know if someone has come inside the house. It was just before Christmas and the family were all over to swap presents. Halfway through the day the door bleeped. My Mum told me to go and see who it was. When I got into the kitchen (our main door is in the kitchen) I found nobody there. When I looked at the door however, the keys were swinging as if they had been moved. I went back to tell everyone and they all seemed a bit shocked. This happened for about 2 years afterwards. It would only happen if my best friend was with me (she's experienced everything in the house too) or if I was home alone.
While my friend and I had the house to ourselves one afternoon I went downstairs to get us something to drink. When I walked past the living room I looked in, for no apparent reason, and I swear I saw a man sitting on the couch. As soon as I saw it I darted back to my room and told my friend. She went to have a look but he was gone.
The last major experience was a year ago. I have a habit of randomly waking up in the middle of the night for no reason then going back to sleep. However, this night when I woke up I was lying on my back above the covers. I ALWAYS sleep under the covers on my side. I felt the bed move slightly and looked to my side. There was a shadow, of what I thought was a man, sitting on the edge of the bed just watching me. I couldn't make out any features since he was just a black mass and I didn't feel anything negative coming from him. So, I turned so my back was facing him and went back to sleep. I think he just wanted to make sure I was alright since I only ever end up above the covers if I've had a bad dream.
A few months ago I had a dream that I was lying in a bed in, what looked like, my room but with different furniture and décor. It looked like how I'd imagined it to look back when the house was built. Then this random man came into the room and asked how I was feeling. At the time I had a cold and my nose was really stuffy, making it difficult for me to fall asleep in the first place. He wore brown trousers with black dressy shoes. He had a white shirt on with a brown vest over it. He also had a distinctive moustache. He looked very upper class, again, the type of person to live in the house when it was built. In the dream I asked him what his name was, however I cannot remember it for the life of me now! After that he got in the bed and cuddled up with me. I remember snorting and wiping my nose in the dream then waking up, doing it for real at the same time. I had the feeling that the man got kind of grossed out and moved away. I definitely felt as if someone had been hugging me in real life too. The next day I typed his name and the name of my town on google images. After a while I found a photo of a man who looked exactly the same as the man in my dream!
Since then it's just been the usual noises or feelings of being watched. Do you guys think there is a ghost in my house? And if so could it be the man in my dream or am I just imagining it?





 Hey, I suppose I should introduce myself before I jump into the story. I'm Tara. As of current I am 13 years of age. Well, it all started one day in Maine.
If I remember correctly it was 2006. My family and I had just moved into a house on a lake. Granted I was always one to be scared of new houses. Something seemed very off about this one. When we moved in I had this feeling that someone was always watching me no matter what I was doing. Over the five years that I lived there I had several unexplainable occurrences. Before I go into this I must state that I am not a religious person in the least bit, nor is my family.
This one occurred every night. I would be in my room minding my own business. My room connected to a staircase. It was on the 2nd floor which had somewhat of a balcony on it that overlooked the living room on the floor below. Hanging in said hallway... Thing was a lamp. This lamp was very old and overall just creepy. Now this one may sound stupid but... Here we go. The lamp always made a shadow that look like a women in a Victorian gown with an axe in her hand. Funny thing is that NO ONE BUT MYSELF COULD SEE IT. When I asked my mother if she could see it she would reply with "What? It looks like a regular light shadow to me." Another weird thing about that was every time I saw it I got this gut feeling that something wasn't right. It seemed to change positions too, as if it was alive. It felt like it was staring at me... It just didn't feel right.
As a younger child I didn't have much of an imagination at all. I was always serious and realistic. I never had 'weird' or 'scary' dreams before I moved into that house. One of the ones I can recall scared the living daylight out of me. The house was 3 floors high, the basement was carpeted and everything. It was not really a basement. In the dream it was all centered around the bathtub downstairs. It was about a woman who was drowned in the tub by her husband with hot scolding water filling it. The police would then show up, and blood would be EVERYWHERE. I cannot recall much more so this is going to be vague. The last scene from the dream was the husband with a new girlfriend smirking evilly in front of her grave. Next to him I could see her ghost smiling down at him as if she had forgiven him. The other dream I had was of my school class and I taking a trip to the beach. I swam out to far, and got pulled to my death by what I can only describe as a giant squid. I ended up drowning. After this dream I would awake almost instantly. One of these times I saw the ghost of a boy leaning over me smiling. The boy was completely blue, and partly transparent. I could have imagined it... As I said I'm not exactly sure. Sorry if this part sounded silly, but I think it ties into this somehow.
Before my family and I moved in my room belonged to a little girl of 6 or 7. When I moved in a doll was sitting on a chair in the room. It was the only piece of furniture in the place. It was made or porcelain had black hair and deep brown eyes. I added it to my collection or porcelain dolls. After about a week I started to get an overwhelming creepy feeling coming of all of them, not just the one doll. So, I put them away. Time after time after that I would hear a little girls voice, but I had no idea of what she was saying.
Those are my experiences dating over the 5 years I lived in that house. Some important information you might need to know is that my dad was a drunk. He would get drunk almost every night and beat my mom. One time he almost choked her to death but I pulled him off her. He went to jail multiple times, but always did the same thing when he got out. I got into many fights with him both verbally, and physically. MY mother didn't have the courage to stand up to him. We moved out because the house was foreclosed on. After this I became depressed. Bullying at school added to my distress and soon things took a turn for the worst for me in general.
As of now I've moved into a new house. Its small and cozy. This is 2 floors and the basement again is carpeted and like a normal floor. This one is old. It was built in 1960. In the basement there are 2 bedrooms, a bathroom, and like a boiler room that's like an actual basement. On the first floor there is a living room which is connected to the kitchen and dining room. There are like 4 steps that lead to my bedroom, my parents bedroom, an office, and a bathroom. In this house my experiences have been much more severe, and odd.
When I first moved here it felt like a normal house, and I loved it. Over the next few months it got somewhat gloomy, and that watching feeling came back. Instead of just being there this time it makes me nervous, but excites me. Almost immediately I started having dreams about a black-haired blue-eyed boy. In the dreams it would be a blur of an event. Fire, smoke, screaming, and the face of said boy. I started having dreams about ghosts, and haunted houses as well. When I woke up from one it felt like someone was choking me. I couldn't move or scream. As this happened I heard a breathy chuckle. After 20 or so seconds it went away. I immediately ran from my room. That time period I was in pure terror. And no, its not Sleep Paralysis. I was tested for it after this occurrence when I told my mom. After that I was, and still am to scared to go back into my room. Whenever I go in there for clothes or something I always get a gloomy feeling of not being welcome. So, as of now I sleep in a chair in the living room.
I would like to say a few months after this I started cutting, and having thoughts of suicide. Bullying escalated. I hated myself. I just wanted it all to end. My father is better but still gets drunk sometimes, and when he does something gives me the strength to keep him away from my mom at all costs.
Now this happened two nights in a row. I was sitting at my dining room table drawing, listening to music, and singing. To be more specific. I was listening to rock. Black Veil Bries, Falling In Reverse, Skillet, bands like that. I went into a daze, and just let my hands do whatever. When I looked down it was this picture of a boy that was skin and bones with hair covering half of his face. It looked as if said person was next to me peering down with a smirk on his face. After I looked down my gut dropped, and I got a feeling of danger. I was terrified. Immediately I shot up from my seat, and ran to the living room. It was around 11:30 pm. Everyone was asleep but me. I threw myself into the chair, and started yelling things like "Leave me alone!" or "Don't hurt me!" Behind the chair I was sitting in was a glass door. Every time I pass it at night I get a feeling of dread, and uneasiness. Just that gut feeling. This happened the next night as well. This experience happened 3 nights ago on Friday and Saturday night.
The latest experience was last night, well one that's worth noting. I couldn't sleep because I was afraid. Of what? I have no clue. I just got a bad feeling. Slowly a cool air formed around me, and it felt like someone was holding my hand. I then heard a faint, breathy whisper in my left ear. It was deep like a mans voice. I couldn't make out what it was saying. Slowly after that the feeling of being afraid was gone, and I felt protected. Soon after I fell asleep. Today I have a feeling of someone following me. Its like a cold air that's always behind me.
Now here are some details that may, or may not, be important.
I must say that this stuff has always happened to me.
My mother also told my that being psychic runs in my family. A while after I moved into my current house I found a journal of a man. It looked to be about 30 years old. It talked about him starting a novel...rape...betrayal.
I just now heard a faint growl behind me.
My dogs always bark at thin air.
I sometimes see a figure of a man, only its black and as soon as I catch sight of it vanishes in thin air.
A month or two back when I was about to cut it felt like someone was pleading for me not to do it. I didn't listen and I made one cut. After that the cold came over me, and I calmed down. That very day I threw my knife away, and stopped cutting.
Music, drawing, singing, and dancing (Though I suck at it) are my life, and the only things that make me happy. When I listen to music, draw, dance, and especially when I sing weird things seem to happen.
Thank you for listening to my stories. I have more but I will save those for another time. Any feedback would be appreciated. By the way, I have never felt like a 13 year old. I feel, look, act, and have more intelligence than a 13 year old. Don't make my age change your opinion of what may be going on. I'm sorry if you think I'm some stupid kid. But all of his did happen, and still is.





To begin with I must share that I am a tarot reader since I was 14 years old. I have always felt myself sensitive to energies around me. This includes people and the vibes they give to me. What I am going to share with you have happened since February. The last experience I had was on 19th May 2013.
I am married to an army officer and we need to stay in cantonments. There is lots of forest areas around. But I never felt unsafe somehow. I had been living in this house since last 2 years. Lots of good things also happened in this house. But on 15th of Feb my husband fought with my mother and then things took a turn. My mother-in-law was present and she was instigating my husband, which I saw with my eyes. I have a love marriage so I was shocked to see my husband behaving strangely.
After this episode I got the entire house checked. I had some intuition and here I want to mention my husband is Bengali. Black magic is prevalent in Bengal. I found certain things below the mattress of my room. My mother-in-law has took an apple as Prasad and after Pujas gave it to my husband, who very next day fought with my mother.
Three to four days after this incident I was sleeping in my room. My husband was not there. The door was closed. I felt some thing dark and hooded entered the room, walked through and entered the wall. I will say I am confused whether I was sleeping or awake. But somehow I got fully awake after this and I felt very strongly that something was there on my bed side which I cannot see but which is there I felt a surge of fear in me. Those were winters. I threw my blanket off did not even wear my slippers and glasses and rushed for the door. At the door I again looked back and I felt strong fear in me I rushed out. I was crying and went to Pooja room and slept there. I consoled myself that it was a bad dream. After 2 days I had viral and entire week I was on bed.
Here I would mention that last year in September when I was again alone (since my husband has to keep going for assignments) while I was coming through the gallery of my house I felt a shadow passing on the kitchen cabinet which was tall and hooded, as if wearing a cape. I passed it off as my shadow which I did check. There was no shadow getting casted on the cabinet from where I was standing. But I decided that it may be something but I should ignore it.
Anyways coming back to incident in the month of March. My husband had to go to camp, then again I had to be alone for 2 months. On 15th March my husband fought with me on phone for no apparent reason and told me to leave the house forever. I was upset. I have started sleeping in another room after the last incident and will keep pictures of God under my pillow and on bed side. At around 2.15 am I felt something entering the door. The door was closed. So the apparition came through the door. I am again not sure what state I was in, I felt it was semi-conscious state. I saw the frontage of the apparition. It was apparition of a Muslim woman. It was wearing black burqa with beautiful hijab in silk material of sea green color with blue checks. That is how precise I remember it even today. I had this feeling that she was middle aged and from rich background. And was on fatter side with round face. There were no features on the face just something whitish even her hands were rounded and whitish. I saw it and I prayed to God that I am too tired to deal with such forces. Please take care of me. On this prayer it vanished and I hear a bang. I was then fully awake and again I heard a loud bang from the next room. The bang again came twice. Surprisingly I was not scared at all may be because I was having picture of Hanumanji with me.
The next day I checked the next room. The bangs which I heard last night could have been if someone bangs the steel almirah. But there was nobody in the house besides me. Then I got scared.
My friend's mother was staying in civil so I started going to her place every night to sleep and would come back every morning. However, this was not the end. I will continue my story in next part.





I will now continue with the next series of incidents. As I told in my last story that I literally stopped sleeping in my house. I would go to my aunty's house at night and would come back early morning.
However, after 4 days of the last incident, another incident happened but in broad daylight.
I was going for my bath. I have this habit of closing all doors before going for bath since there is huge window. I simply pulled the door and went to kitchen for some work. When I returned I found the door was half ajar. I took it that it must not have been closed properly. Here I would mention that this was the door of the same room where I first saw the apparition. I pulled the door again, but it did not even budge. I tried to pull it towards myself but it will not move. It felt it was made of stone. I checked if some door mat was stuck in door. There wasn't. I checked for the screw and the stopper. Everything was alright. It felt as if it was stuck or something is holding the door. Then with all my strength I again pulled it and very heavily it made a screeching sound and closed with a huge bang against the frame.
I then went for the bath and there a strange smell of rotten flesh started coming. I was in despair. I tried thinking scientifically that it must be some problem with drain. I quickly got dressed and went to check the drains everything was alright.
Now I was unnerved. I started doing my regular Pujas and I do not know but I started crying out of fear. I felt energy being drained out of my body.
I moved out of my house. I felt I am going insane. I decided to change my location. So I went to my parents' place who live in another city.
While all this was happening my husband has stopped communicating with me after 15th March. After that he did not even wish me on festival. I started staying depressed.
We contacted a priest who told that black magic has been done on my husband by my mother-in-law and she wants him to get married again for dowry sake. All the experience I had were real.
I have been trying to resolve my marital issue but my husband will not listen. His colleagues have also tried, even they find his behavior strange. He mentions his mother in every line he speaks. He keeps saying his mother is always right and my pivot is my mother. I am sharing this information because our priest has told us that he is under vashikaran spell.
On 20th May we were supposed to shift to another location so I came back home to pack the things on 14th May. On 18th May, again for few hours, I was alone at home. I went to bath and was getting dressed up when the door of my room, which was slightly closed opened, with a screeching sound. I looked in that direction. It opened further slowly then stopped. Then again it opened a little further.
It felt as if some one was peeping in and hesitantly opening the door. Because it would open a little then stop and again open further and then stop and then again further. I felt frustrated and I opened the door myself completely. As I did this I felt a hot gush of wind on my face. I started chanting hanuman chalisa. That was the last thing that happened in the house.
But that very evening my next door neighbour's little daughter of 7 years age came to me as she was feeling scared at home. Her mother is a doctor and was on duty. She was at home with her nanny. She confided in me that she has started feeling scared at home since last 10 days. She sees people in her room coming from the wall and merging into wall. She is unable to get sleep at night and remains awake. I felt concerned for her. Next day I talked to her mother who told me that her husband is also not behaving properly with her. And all the time talking of his mother.
I was stunned has the black magic spread to her house. Is it possible?
I am still staying away from my husband who is with his mother right now and does not even speak to me. The last thing he messaged me was he is taking his mum to the new location and I should join him after 4 or 5 months.





First of all, this happened somewhat five years ago in the autumn of 2007. I've been searching the internet since to try to find anyone who has had even a slightly similar experience. So far nothing quite matches what happened to me, but lately I've been reading the articles here, and looking at some of the comments, and hopefully someone will have had something like this happened to them.
This happened only a week after my older brother was run over and killed by a mover truck. I was staying with our grandparents in their rural two story house on the outskirts of Dargaville, waiting for the next day when the funeral was to take place.
I was in the second story lounge with my friend Ria and we were watching the grandparents' collection of James Bond movies for the past few hours and it was almost half-past one in the morning. We were chatting away when the movie was coming to a close, and all of a sudden we heard this crazy booming from outside. We went silent instantly and I already knew what the noise was. On the utility house outside was a thin metal door that made the greatest bash noise with the slightest touch. Crime isn't famous around those parts and I am a bit over-cautious, being in the army for little over two years. I clicked off the television along with the lights, and we got down on our knees in front of the couch, where the view from the window was obscured. The grandparents were away giving condolences to my parents and I was there to watch over my deceased brother.
Anyway, I moved to the corner where the switch was to the lights that shone down on the utility house. I switched it on and asked Ria if she saw anything down there. She said there was nothing and it was probably a possum. I took her word for it and got ready for bed, lying out sleeping bags across the floor. We got ready and started chatting about the noise. Then it happened again, the same massive booming noise. This time I lent out the window and shone a field torch down there. Again, it looked as though nothing had caused the noise. Even though I am an atheist I wasn't going to rule out anything being that was where my brother's body was being kept.
We finished preparing and hopped in our sleeping bags. Almost ten minutes later the same noise happened again and this time it seemed like Ria was beginning to get a little freaked out. And I'd had enough, thinking it was some kind of prankster. I went and got my granddad's hunting shotgun and went out onto the deck. We had no rounds but I hoped the mere sight of it would scare off whoever was down there. I searched the perimeter of the shed but found nothing. I searched the perimeter of the house as well and still found nothing, so I went back inside to find Ria curled up in her sleeping bag. This time we were going to watch out the window for the noise to happen again. Another ten minutes later it happened again, and this time it was much worse.
About ten meters from the utility house something kind of materialized. It was in the shape of a man roughly, and it was solid white, not skin white, just white and it gave of a light that stuck to its body. It was sprinting directly toward the utility house. It sort of shoulder barged the door, and though it didn't break, it did dent quite a bit. The thing started beating its arms furiously and savagely against the door. The worst thing was the noise it made; it was screaming its head off. It sounds nothing human, not even like an animal, like something out of a horror movie. Ria stifled a scream beside me, while I was too freaked out to even make a noise. This thing was about nine feet tall almost reaching the height of the utility house itself. It looked like it had a tremendous build, all of its screaming was beginning to eclipse the tremendous booming of the metal door being struck. And suddenly, as if it sensed us watching it, the "Bright Man" stopped screaming and turned towards us, and this is what made me finally wise up and get away from the window. It had no face, no features whatsoever, except one thing: its eyes, like two little black marbles. I grabbed Ria by the arm and we sprinted for the back of the house.
We stayed in the bathroom that night, the only room without windows, and we kept the door firmly locked. The very next morning Ria left and I called in the police.
Soon an investigation was underway. The Door to the utility house was covered in massive dents and the lock was literally ripped off. Nothing was taken from inside but there was something strange. As my dead brother lay in his coffin, something had changed. His expression had gone from something peaceful to an intense frown. My parents thought of it as something of an omen after I told my story and refused to change his expression or his clothes. He was buried the next day. Rest in Peace Drake.





I'm pretty new to this site, and have read heaps of the stories posted, I thought it was about time I started sharing my experiences with you guys
It was late June, we had just come back from Alice Springs racing, our next stop would be Broome. We were at Halls Creek or near enough to it. We had stopped for the night a free camp road side, we lit a fire and settled down to cook our dinner and have a beer.
As we were packing up a young American guy came over to our camp and said that they couldn't get their fire started as the wood was wet (from the recent rains) and wanted to know how we were able to get ours going. Dom told him that it was bush magic laughing he handed him a jerry can of petrol, the young man looked confused (I'm guessing he was from the city). Dom saw the expression on his face and invited him to use our fire and have a few drinks. He informed us that he was traveling with some friends and asked if he could bring them along. He went over to get his mates as Dom and I cleaned the Barbie plate (BBQ).
Some time later they came over, Dom and I had already cooked and eaten our dinner and we chatted to them as they went about using the fire to cook theirs. There were 5 Americans 2 females and 3 males, one of the males was sort of quiet and never addressed the group but quietly sat down next to me. He looked my way and smiled, I asked "You're not eating?" he shook his head and replied with, "I don't eat much." Trying to make conversation I asked, "Where are you headed?" He replied with, "Here". End of conversation apparently. He wasn't rude, he was just enjoying the fire. I focused my attention to the fire listening to the 4 Americans with the young man sitting beside me looking mesmerized by the fire.
We sat like this for at least an hour, when I dozed off sitting in my chair. I woke up to Dominic carrying me to my swag (sleeping bag), I asked him what time it was and he said just after midnight. He put me down and walked with me to the swags. I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.
I woke up at 7 with the sun shining and a cool breeze hitting my face, I crawled out of my swag and walked sleepy eyed to the fire where Dom was standing with the American's. Funnily enough the young man who had briefly spoken to me last night wasn't there. I asked where their mate was and puzzled looks fell across everyone's faces, including Dominic's. "What friend?" they all asked me. Now it was my turn to have a puzzled look on my face. "The young quiet kid who sat in the seat next to me." I spun around and pointed to where I had been sitting the night before and saw only my chair. "What...?"
Dominic walked over to me put his hand on my shoulder and asked if I was ok.
I felt as though they were playing tricks on me. Dom sat me down in my chair, poured me an orange juice and told me to just relax for a bit. I heard him walk back to the Americans and say, "She must have a headache". I was furious sitting there with no one to believe me. I looked down at the spot where I thought his chair was the night before, there was no chair marks or footprints. I felt my heart sink and I knew I must have imagined it...





I've been seeing ghost since I can remember. So I'm going to start with very first time seeing a ghost and the experiences that my family had as well in the same building.
This one I remember specifically being in a big red apartment on High St. My brother and I shared a room; however, my brother would always sneak to the living room to sleep. I don't know why but my mother would always sleep in the living room as well especially when my dad, who was working for a trucking company, was away for work.
I had woken up one night, my brother wasn't in there anymore. When I looked out the window there was a man standing there. He didn't say anything. Just stood at my window. The problem was that the building was on a hill and in the backyard (where my window faced) was a six foot drop and my window must've been at least a foot higher. So I ran out to my mom who was laying on the couch watching tv, and told her "Mom, there's a man in my window!" So she took me into my bedroom and sat me on my bed and said, "See there is no man standing in your window" and then I looked at her and said, "But he's right behind you." I had scared my mom out of her wits and she dragged me out of my room and we all slept in the living room.
So my mom told me the rest of these stories about the apartment. She said the fire alarm would go off on its own and that it was one of those ones that were connected to the fire department, so she would call and ask if they heard it and they said no it never went off.
One day my brother and I were sitting in the living room watching Barney and the front door had managed to unlock itself and open (mind you my brother and I were only 3 and 4). So she would freak out on me because I would be the only one in the room who could reach the lock. I guess I swore I didn't do it and this happened a couple times.
Another time was when my uncle was nailing a board in the barn attached to the apartment. He was trying to make it so my brother and I wouldn't get into the barn threw the hole where they used to shove hay threw. Anyway, he went out to smoke after he nailed it up and when he went back in, all of the nails were pulled out and the board was set neatly beside the hole.
My mom did more research because she was getting freaked out and it turns out that the last landlord had hung himself in the barn.
Sorry its so holey but my memory is very rocky, I've had so many experiences that its hard for me to remember every detail of every single one. I try to block them out when I see them. I was able to see them well from the ages of 12-17 and I'd try to turn and walk away instead of talk to them. There's only ever been one recurring ghost, but I'll talk about him later.





My name is Emilio Jimenez. I am an 18 year old and I'm in high school. I have always meant to tell this story but never got around to it. When I was younger (in elementary school) I was -- in other people's words -- evil. I can remember most of everything that I did as a child except for the "evil" things I did that got me into trouble, but what I do remember from those days are what happened to me.
When I was a kid I used to stay up late and watch TV like all kids would. The only difference is that when I was ever alone in a room I would see things. I always saw a dark human figure quickly run past my family room window and my sliding glass door. It was a full silhouette of black. This continued happening and on multiple occasions my family would check to see what or who it was. We would never find anything.
One night when I was watching TV (still all alone in the darkness) I looked to my right out of my family room window and I saw a man standing there. But he wasn't a normal man if a man at all. He was a black silhouette that was standing upside down outside of the window. It was as if he was standing on a non-existent ceiling outside my house. But that wasn't the worst part, the worst part was that he was staring at me. It felt as if he was staring into my being. We locked eyes for what seemed like forever before I flung the blanket I was wearing over my head. I don't remember how long I kept my blanket over my head but when I took it off the shadow man was gone.
I kept seeing the shadow man even after that event, all the while getting into trouble after trouble at school. But after a certain point I stopped seeing him. With the stoppage of sightings came the stoppage of my getting into trouble (at least as much trouble as I used to get into). Finally it seemed to be over.
After elementary school things seemed to be normal in a way. But around my late 8th grade year and the beginning of my high school life I felt like I was being watched whenever I stepped out of my house into the darkness. In the beginning of my high school life I could have two different opinions about things; such as, at one point I could love humanity and at another point I could absolutely hate it for no reason, nowadays it's a grey area for me.
It all seemed weird to me but I didn't give it all much thought then. When I got further into my high school life my ideas of things got worse; like if everyone around me died I would be better off. Things like that would go through my mind. Also at times I couldn't feel certain things, love, happiness, and other feelings depending on the day. I at one point got a love for knives and had the idea in my head of what the "right" knife would feel like. I honestly have no idea what it looks like but I know what it would have felt like in my hands.
Around my Sophomore and Junior years, I remember having a reoccurring dream. I remember it perfectly. I remember being in a cave, there was a red glow around me covering everything lightly. To my right were three pillars of metal and on the pillars (which didn't connect to the ceiling of the cave) were spikes, chains, and what looked like tortured people. I remember one man was chained near the top of one of the pillars and had a spike or two going through him; he was bleeding all over the place and was missing his lower legs and lower arms.
In my junior year there were major times when I couldn't feel anything at all. No emotion would come to me during certain periods of time, I could be in an argument with people I cared about and still would feel nothing. No love, no hate, no anger, no compassion, nothing.
Now when I go into the darkness I feel at peace, I feel calm. I used to feel like the shadow man was still deep inside of me sleeping, or stalking me through the night waiting for a day that I become weak so he may return. But nowadays I feel at peace with the world, I still hate most people but my feelings are starting to return, my love is coming back, I feel free from him. If he does return however, I will be ready for him.






Second of my many small and somewhat random experiences in my life, but a considerably more dark one, and perhaps classed more as a loved one's experience. And admittedly a more tricky one to tell.
Once again taking place a few years back in my small creaky house in the woods. (If you've not seen my first experience, it has some background information on me. I lived out of town in my early twenties with my partner of a few years in a little cabin complete with its own eerie woodland surroundings.) I was going through a time in my life where I was all askew in my thoughts and unsure of my direction and existence. As we all sometimes are.
I was uncharacteristically moody and being a bit negative, perhaps even playing it up a little just to annoy others, and generally not the most fun person to be around. Causing arguments with my beloved and entertaining darker thoughts just for passing time. Now I never would do, nor have I done, anything disrespectful nor dark in a paranormal sense, as I know better and I respect everything unseen and unknown. However, even after denying this experience somewhat and questioning its validity even to myself, I feel there is a possibility that sometimes darker things can slip through you without you inviting them consciously, purely just by being a negative battery and entertaining the negatives in life. And this may be just that.
On the night of this experience I was being broody and playing up unkindly. When he got to the stage he no longer wanted to deal with my grumpy shenanigans, he went to bed and turned all the lights off. By this time it was early morning and admittedly I was being a downright pain, so I went into an angry and strange little place in myself and got a bit lost laying there in the dark. I cannot really explain what happened next. I just recall him turning me around in the dark to face away from him and knowing I was definitely not asleep to rule that out. I then remember being crushed to him and being held so tight for what seems like hours but he wouldn't let me turn to him. I remember it as it was so unlike him, a gentle soul, crushing me. I fell asleep eventually and the next day, in my embarrassment, and in his nonchalant way we passed it off and left it as me being a grump.
Many, many months later I took my partner along with me to a small gathering of close friends (who are also interested in paranormal things). As the night wore on we ended up on this very site, reading stories aloud and discussing all things spooky... My partner open to, but not enthusiastic about, the paranormal went quiet when it turned to personal experiences. Asked if he had anything to share, he said he did but in a way that caused me to look at him in alarm, as he looked somewhat uncomfortable when saying so. I was also amused as I didn't know he had any stories and I was sure he would have told them to me as he knew I was interested in these things.
After a little persuading for him to come out and tell, he looked away from me and said to my friends in not quite these exact words, but to the effect of: "I have watched her face change into a snout with teeth" whilst pointing at me. I was shocked and thought it was a joke, but his face and voice wasn't joking, and he was not by any means a storyteller nor embellisher of tales. That is a fact that I can attest to. Or I would have then and there just shushed him.
But then that weird night came to mind.
My friends probed again, and I had to know. What he recalls was different to the innocent, if slightly strange, version I recalled. Where I had laid down and entered my zone of darkness, he had been awoken from his light sleep by supposed low growling noises. He shook me and I fell quiet, allowing him to return to asleep soon after. He was awoken once again and witnessed (this part made skin crawl and unnerved me, and filled me with sadness and guilt for a time after) crouched on top of the bed covers against the wall the bed sat against, facing him but looking down. (Once again not something he would ever intentionally make me feel bad about by telling an untruthful account.) He reached over to me and advised he wasn't amused by my games, but when no answer came, he sat up and became concerned. Then to his shock, his beloved partner looked up and the face he knew began to warp. He described with pain in his face, the snout that he had seen superimposed over my face, the pointed teeth flashing in a grin so wicked, before anything more could come to be, he grabbed me as hard and fast as he could with genuine fear and turned me to face away from him but pulling me into a hold. That's where I came back, being held so tightly not allowed to turn around and silence. (He would later tell me that he had been too afraid to let me move.)
I was shocked after hearing this but somehow felt like I knew it already. I was confused and laughed it off unconvincingly telling him he was a terrible storyteller. But I knew him well, and I knew the face he pulled and the way he wouldn't ever bring it up again made me think he wished he hadn't opened his mouth.
It could always fall down to an attempt at him telling a tale but I know him, others don't, so that's something I can only personally believe. It could also have been him dreaming, if it weren't for my recollection of the start and finish and the weird feeling I knew the story. And recalled it. But at the end of the day I never labeled what it was. I don't believe I had anything on, in, or over me, maybe mostly because I don't want to believe that's possible. But years on I don't mind it and I don't give it too much thought. But if I do I wonder if perhaps there is a way that an image could be projected to another by thought? A super imposing rather than anything else... I don't really know with this one.
I have since been given, by my mother, incredibly strong faith in Saint Michael the protector and warrior against evil things so I've not had any issues like this ever since. He's got my back and the nasty and wicked fear him. But it is an interesting one.
I don't speak much with my ex-partner anymore, but I really respect someone who can witness that happen to their beloved, alone, in the dark and not run nor fight, but to hold them until they are back where they should be.


More to come.



No comments:

Post a Comment